Monday, January 12, 2015

On being an introvert.




Jerry is an introvert. I'm kinda in the middle I guess. It depends on my mood and who I'm with. So ever since we got married, we've really just enjoyed keeping to ourselves and doing our on thang, on our own time, in our own space. But recently we've been pretty social and out going as a couple so I'm kinda proud of us. Not that we've been completely anti-social up to now, but we definitely enjoy our time to ourselves rather than having to socialize and be out and about all the time. Does that make sense?

Recently though, we've been hanging out with our usual group of friends and have had company almost every weekend. Whaaaaat? That's like an introvert's worst nightmare. But ya, we have. And it's been pretty fun actually. I guess it's nice that we've found a group of people who make us feel comfortable and also have similar interests. Also, there's always good food so that helps of course ;)



________________________
clothing deets:
vince camuto heels; options
________________________



13 comments:

  1. haha. I have to say, that I'm the introvert in the relationship. My husband is much more social. But what's ironic is that while I am introverted, he's more of a home-body than I am. I don't mind going out (to the less populated areas) but, he would rather stay in and invite people over. Oh the life of compromise. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't mind going out either. i love going out! but ya, we used to feel like having people over and socializing was such hard work. now it's not so bad :) haha

      Delete
  2. Dude... My husband and I are the same way. I'm actually pretty social for the most part but I am one that doesn't want to have friends just to have friends you know? They have to really be people that I would really enjoy hanging out with. This Sunday we had a couple from our ward ask us if we wanted to come play games and we made up an excuse not to go..... Is that bad??? Haha. I swear we are nice people! But sometimes I just want to sit home and play Mario kart.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha i love this comment!! YES we love staying home and playing those awesome mario games. but now that we've found a fun bunch, it's a lot easier to be social i guess lol i feel like we would be great friends ;)

      Delete
  3. oh, hi you are just the cutest. i wish we could be a part of your friends circle. for most of our marriage we haven't had friends sooooo i think i we should start being social, i'll work on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i still love our alone time too though. but sometimes friends are fun. sometimes:)

      Delete
  4. I recommend the book " Quite; The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talkin" by Susan Cain. Jerry should read it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my husband and I are the same way! He's more introverted than me but as newlyweds, we have been enjoying our own time just like you have. we do enjoy being social though and are branching out more and more too!

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya sometimes its so easy to just forget that the rest of the world exists. i know some people who just LOVE having little get togethers every week and can't just stay put. sometimes i envy how out going they are but i still love my couch potato weekends <3

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog through the Mormon Fashion Blogger list, and am happy to be following a long now! I'm loving that striped skirt you're wearing, it's the cutest!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I may not always be able to get back to you but just so you know, I read and appreciate every single one :)